The Easiest Way to Move into a Windows XP or Vista PC
PCmover is the only migration utility that moves programs, files, and settings from your old PC to your new PC. Simply install PCmover on both your old and new computers and go! PCmover will determine which programs, files, and settings need to be moved, and when the transfer is complete, your new computer will have the personality and functionality of your old PC plus all of its own pre-installed software. Works with almost any Windows operating system, from Windows 95 to Vista.
NEW! Now with PCmover's selectivity features, you can choose which applications, folders and files to take with you when you migrate to your new PC.
PCmover can migrate your PC across a network, Laplink USB cable, Laplink parallel cable, Windows Easy Transfer Cable, or any type of removable media that can be read by both PCs. If your computer has multiple users, PCmover gives you the option to migrate some or all of the users at once. The security information about file ownership and access control is preserved for each user. You can even use PCmover to migrate your PC to an Intel-based Mac.
How Does PCmover Work?
Getting a new PC no longer has to be stressful; with PCmover you can quickly and effortlessly transfer everything you want, from your old PC to your new PC in just 3 easy steps.
After the transfer is complete your new PC will
have all the
personality and functionality of your old PC plus all of
its own pre-installed software.
How Do I Connect My Old PC To My New PC?
PCmover allows you to transfer data with any Laplink cable or over a network connection, so you can download PCmover and begin your migration immediately.
What Does PCmover Transfer?
|• Microsoft Office||• Documents||• Desktop Backgrounds|
|• Photo Editing Software||• Spreadsheets||• Icons|
|• Design Programs||• Photos||• Shortcuts|
|• PC Games||• Videos||• Browser Settings|
|• Instant Messengers||• Music||• Favorites/Bookmarks|
|• Financial and Tax Software||• Pod casts||• Internet and Network Settings|
|• Plus Much More!|
You can even use PCmover to migrate your PC to an Intel-based Mac.
- Quick Start Guide (1.7MB PDF)
- Data Sheet (550KB PDF)
- End User License Agreement (EULA) (14KB PDF)
- Program Notices (6KB PDF)
- Reviewer's Guide (1MB PDF)
PCmover Video Reviews*Clicking on the following icons will launch a separate window containing video reviews of PCmover.
|Get Connected PCmover Review||Dotto Tech PCmover Review Pt. 1||Dotto Tech PCmover Review Pt. 2|
PCmover for Businesses
PCmover can save your business time, money, and hassle by making it fast and easy to transfer files, settings and programs from an old to new PC.
What you need to know about PCmover
PCmover should be used only as intended and as described in the Quick Start Guide (500 KB Acrobat PDF). If you attempt to use this product for unintended purposes, your computer may become unstable or unusable. If you have any questions, please visit technical support.
- Some programs on your old PC may not be compatible with a newer operating system.
- Files with Digital Rights Management (DRM) such as music files and programs that require keys or serial numbers with a hardware fingerprint may require reactivation.
- Some programs with unique copy write protection may need to be reinstalled or reactivated with their original key or serial number.
- You should remove trial software on the new computer if a full version exists on your old PC.
- Antivirus and Anti-Spyware programs will not be moved to your new PC.
- Specific hardware drivers will not be moved to your new PC.
- PCmover is not designed for migrations from newer operating systems to older operating systems. For example, we do not recommend attempting to migrate from a PC running Windows XP to a PC running Windows 98 as doing so may render your system unstable.
- Make sure to apply all appropriate Windows Updates (including .NET) to your new PC before performing a migration with PCmover.