When I run a sync with between my mobile device and Outlook 97 I get this error message. I have reinstalled PDAsync but I still get the message. What can I do?
A defect exists in PDAsync version 1.0 and 1.33.
Contact LapLink Technical Support to receive a free update that solves this problem. This workaround works in some situations, but not all.
- See Technical Document 668: How do I Ensure that PDAsync is Completely Uninstalled? for steps to remove the current version of PDAsync.
- Use Windows Search (or Find) to locate all copies of the file CDO.DLL.
- In the Search results window, make sure that the file is in the \ Windows\System folder. Copy the file to this location if necessary.
- Reinstall PDAsync and try the sync again.
- If it still fails, go to a Command Prompt (aka DOS prompt) and type the following command
- regsvr32 C:\WINNT\System32\CDO.DLL
- When you see DllRegisterServer in C:\WINNT\System32\CDO.dll succeeded, type Exit.
- Try PDAsync again.
KB: 687 Last updated: Invalid Date
Keywords: Error Messages: Mobile Device Synchronizing
Wildcards (internal use):
- Error Messages
- Mobile Device Synchronizing