I want to make certain that PDAsync has been completely removed from my computer. How can I do this?
- From the Windows Start menu, go to Programs, then Laplink PDAsync 3.0 and click Uninstall Laplink PDASync 3.0.
- When the uninstall is finished, reboot your computer
- Using Windows Explorer, open the Program Files folder and confirm that the Laplink PDAsync 3.0 folder has been removed. If it's there, remove it.
- Still in the Program Files folder, open the Common Files folder, and delete the XCPCSync folder. Exit Windows Explorer.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to Run.
- In the Open field, type REGEDIT and click OK.
Important: The following steps involve making changes to your registry. It is strongly recommended that you backup your registry before proceeding further. See Technical Document 111: How to Backup and Restore the Windows Registry for additional information.
- Scroll the left hand window all the way to the top left (if it isn't already), and single click on My Computer so that it is highlighted.
- Click on Edit at the top of the screen and select Find. In the Find what field type in Extended Systems and make sure that Keys, Values, & Data are all checked under the Look at field.
- Click on Find Next. At this time a dialog box will pop up saying searching the registry.
- When the search stops and highlights a result, press Delete and click Yes to confirm. Press F3 to find the next listing.
- Continue doing this until another dialogue box tells you that you are finished searching through the registry. If you should come across registry entries that will not delete just skip them by hitting F3 again and move on to the next entry.
- Repeat the above steps until a complete search is completed without finding anything (except any that cannot be deleted).
- Repeat the above steps using each of the following words in the Find: PDAsync, XTNDConnect, and XCPC.
- Delete the following folder using Windows Explorer or My Computer: C:\Documents and Settings\ Your Windows Username\Application Data\XCPCSync.OEM.
- Reboot your computer.
KB: 668 Last updated: Jul 26, 2007
Wildcards (internal use):