I get this error when I try to synchronize Lotus Notes with my Pocket PC mobile device using PDAsync. What can I do?
A file, PIMSTORE.DLL, was over-written by an older version when PDAsync installed.
- Make an ActiveSync connection by placing the mobile device into its cradle or connect its cable.
- On your PC, open Windows Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then the View tab.
- Locate Hidden Files and Folders, and click Show hidden files and folders.
- Click Apply, and OK.
- In the Folders (left) pane of Windows Explorer, click Mobile Device, then My Pocket PC and then Windows.
- Right-click PIMSTORE.DLL and click Delete.
- Note: When you delete the version of this file added by PDAsync, the Pocket PC operating system automatically reloads the correct version from its ROM. It appears immediately in Explorer.
- Right-click PIMSTORE.DLL and click Properties. Confirm that the Read-only attribute is selected. Click OK.
- Run a synchronization again.
- If prompted for a new device, click Replace and force a full sync.
- Note: If prompted to replace PIMSTORE.DLL, click No.
KB: 641 Last updated: Invalid Date
Keywords: Error Messages: Mobile Device Synchronizing
Wildcards (internal use):
- Error Messages
- Mobile Device Synchronizing