I'm trying to synchronize my contacts with my Ericsson phone. I keep getting out of memory errors. How can I select out just the important contacts to synchronize?
The Ericsson R320 phone has a limited memory capacity, only 100 records internally and only 100 or 255 on the SIM card depending on which type of SIM card you have. Also, PDAsync splits records from the desktop PIM, so if you have a single contact with three names when the information is transfer to the phone this becomes three records. It is easy to understand how the storage of the phone can easily be filled quickly by a small number of contacts from the desktop computer.
The easiest way synchronize a specific group of contacts to the phone is to create a new group in your desktop PIM, assign the contacts to this group and then perform a synchronization filtering on the new group. Follow these steps for Microsoft Outlook. If you use another contact manager, check your user documentation for more information.
- From Outlook Task bar, click Contacts.
- From Contact's File menu, click New Folder.
- Enter a name, and click OK. For this example, we shall use the name Mobile.
- Using Drag and Drop, move the contacts that you want to transfer or synchronize with the handheld phone to the Mobile group.
- Note: The contacts can not be copied.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to Programs, then PDAsync, and click the profile for the Ericsson phone and your contact manager.
- Click Settings, and then the Filter tab.
- Click Contacts, then click the check box beside Text Filter.
- In the Field field, click Categories.
- Enter Mobile in the Contains field.
- Click the OK button.
- Perform the Synchronization as normal.
KB: 602 Last updated: Invalid Date
Keywords: Mobile Device Synchronizing: Contacts
Wildcards (internal use):
- Mobile Device Synchronizing