I try to synchronize my mobile device with PDAsync and I get an Unknown Error message. What can I do?
This is usually caused by a corrupted record in your PC application (PIM). This error message is displayed when another error message wouldn’t make any sense to the end-user.
Locating the exact record that causes the error can be done with the aid of the error log. LapLink, Inc. Technical Support can read the log and guide you to the record that needs to be deleted. To create the log file: PDASync 3.x:
- Launch PDASync, click on Tools -> Log....
- Set the Log Level to 3 - Debug Data Log.
- Make note of the path listed in the Log Folder box so you can find the log files after they are created.
- Click OK.
- From the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, then PDAsync, and click PDAsync Debug Log.
- Set the Verbose level to 5 - Maximum log.
- Click OK.
- Open your PC application (PIM) and select to synchronize in exactly the same manner. Once the error message has appeared, the log will be created.
- Send the log file as an attachment to an email to our Technical Support staff.
- To locate the log file, Use
Windows Explorer or
My Computer and navigate as directed for your version here:
- PDASync 3.x: Specified in the Log File entry above. Zip the entire log folder and send it to us as listed below.
- PDASync 1.x: To C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\XCPCSync\Log. The file is called rsSync.log. Note: If the file is larger than 100MB, please zip it prior to attaching it.
- Email the file to our
Technical Support Department (email@example.com), please
include the following information:
- the name of the PC application (PIM) along with the version,
- which mobile device you have (if applicable).
- what version of Windows and if any service releases have been applied.
- what version of PDASync you are using.
- your name, and phone number (in case we need to speak with you)
KB: 504 Last updated: Invalid Date
Keywords: Error Messages: Mobile Device Synchronizing
Wildcards (internal use):
- Error Messages
- Mobile Device Synchronizing