After doing a migration using PCmover, launching Outlook on the New computer gives the following error message:
This issue is normally caused by the Old computer having Outlook 2000 and the New computer having Outlook 2003. It can occur normally when doing a upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 outside of a migration. A registry key is not being properly updated by Outlook.
NOTE: Before making the following changes, make a backup of your registry. See Technical Document 111: How do I Backup and Restore the Windows Registry for more information. Alternatively for Windows XP users, see Technical Document 670: How to Create a Windows XP Restore Point. Follow these directions to resolve this issue:
- From the Windows Start menu, click Run, type REGEDIT and click OK.
- In the left pane, click on the plus sign (+) next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE .
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to SOFTWARE.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Microsoft.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Office.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Outlook.
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Addins.
- Right-click on Microsoft.VbaAddinForOutlook.1.
- Choose Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm Deletion.
- Close the Registry Editor window.
- Close Outlook.
- Re-launch Outlook.
- Click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Click on the Other tab.
- Click the Advanced Options button.
- Click the Com Add-Ins button and check for errors.
Wildcards (internal use):
- File Transfer