I have been asked to create a log file within DiskImage
If you run into a problem or error in DiskImage, Laplink will need a “log file” that will help diagnose and solve your DiskImage issue.
After starting Laplink DiskImage on your new PC, go to the Start Page and follow the 6 easy steps below:
- From the Start Page, select Reports from the File tab at the top of the screen to open the Reports List
- Select the report with the appropriate date and time of the attempted imaging or restoration. This will most likely be labeled with an Unsuccessful status
- Click Open at top of screen
- When the Report for Imaging window pops up, click the XML View button at the bottom of the window
- Highlight the entire text of the file with your left mouse button, right-clcik, then select Copy (see below).
- Then Paste the entire contents of that .xml file into an email addressed to the link below…
(If you use Yahoo! email or similar, simply copy and paste this email address into the "To:" box of a new email.)
Note: If a specific error occurred as a result of a failed image or restoration, be sure to copy/paste the entire error code in the subject line of your email.
Wildcards (internal use):
- Laplink DiskImage