How do I get my Adobe products to work after a migration?
We have discovered a problem with the migration of Adobe products and are working to resolve it. If you are unable to run an Adobe product after migrating it to the New computer using PCmover, then follow these steps to resolve the problem:
- Double-click on My Computer
- Double-click on the C drive
- Double-click on the Documents and Settings folder
- Double-click on the All Users folder
- Double-click on the Application Data folder
- Double-click on the Adobe Systems folder
- Right-click on the Product Licenses folder and choose Properties
- If you see the
Security tab, click on it and go to step 9.
If you do not see the Security tab: cancel this screen, click on Tools -> Folder Options at the top of the My Computer window, click on the View tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, uncheck the Use simple file sharing (Recommended), and click Ok. Return to step 7
- If Everyone is NOT on the list, follow these directions:
- Click on the Add button
- Type Everyone into the “ Enter the object names to select (examples):” box
- Click on the Check Names button
- Click Ok
- Click on Everyone so that it is highlighted
- In the lower section of the window, click the check box next to Full Control under the Allow column and make sure none of the boxes in the Deny column are checked.
- Click Ok.
KB: 364 Last updated: Dec 13, 2006