What is FileMover's optimal connection method or cable type?
FileMover can use the following connections:
- Serial Cable (purchased separately) at 0.4 Mbps.
- Gold Laplink USB 1.1 cable at 5 Mbps.
- Silver Laplink USB 1.1 cable at 5 Mbps.
- Silver Laplink USB 2.0 cable at 480 Mbps (Theoretical).
- TCP/IP network (LAN) at 10 or 100 Mbps (depends on the network configuration). **
** Note: These are theoretical maximums for a TCP/IP Ethernet network performance, and do not take into account factors which can slow the transfer rate on a LAN, such as other traffic on the network, and the inherent TCP/IP protocol overhead for each packet sent.
KB: 90 Last updated: Jan 19, 2004