Email this document
Laplink Gold 12 - FAQ's
Anti-virus application detects Laplink application (Laplink Gold, FileMover, PCsync) as a virus.
From time to time some anti-virus applications will detect a Laplink application as a virus. This is due to the way our copy protections wrap up our application and allow you access to use it. The process of “hiding” a program inside another program is normally done with a virus (it infects the file and hides inside it). We will make every effort to have the anti-virus application updated so that is no longer reports this problem.
We recommend you follow these steps when you encounter this problem:
If the problem still occurs, there are three things you can do:
- Force a new update of your virus definition files (DAT, etc) so you make sure you have the newest update.
- Restore the Laplink application file from the quarantine folder or reinstall the Laplink application.
- Test running the application again to make sure it is still happening with the most recent files.
- Report this issue to us to make sure we know about it. In order to do this, send a e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with information about what anti-virus application you are using as well as the version of the Engine and definition files for it.
- Contact the manufacturer of your anti-virus application to notify them of the false positive so they can work to resolve the issue.
- Modify your anti-virus application so that it ignores all files in the folder that contains the Laplink application. You may need check the help files, user’s guide, or to contact the manufacturer of your application for assistance on how to do this.
NOTE: If you are unable to set your application to skip the Laplink files/folder, then you will need to disable your application in order to run your Laplink application until such time as they have released a update to prevent this issue from occurring again.
Last Updated: 12/24/2008 11:47:55 AM