Email this document
Laplink Gold 12 - FAQ's
What do I have to do when I upgrade from LapLink Gold 11.5 to Laplink Gold 12 so I can use the Laplink Gold USB 1.1 or IOGEAR Silver USB 2.0 cable?
If you are running Windows XP, 2000 or 2003 and have upgraded from LapLink Gold 11.5 and wish to continue using Laplink's Gold USB 1.1 or IOGEAR's Silver USB 2.0 cables, you must update to the latest drivers. Follow the steps below to update the drivers :
It is strongly recommended that you do not unplug the USB cable during an active connection. Doing so may result in Laplink Gold 12 becoming unstable.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Double-click the System icon.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager button.
- Find LapLink USB Devices in the list of hardware and expand it.
- Double-click the name of the Laplink USB cable.
- Click the Drivers tab.
- Click the Update Driver button.
- If you are running Windows 2000 choose "Search for a suitable driver for my device", then click Next button and follow the prompts.
If you are running Windows XP choose "Install the software automatically", then click the Next button and follow the prompts.
Last Updated: 8/5/2004 9:08:24 AM