PCmover Enterprise Tutorial: User Mapping with the Policy Manager
Overview: Sometimes a PC will have multiple users that will need to be transferred to the new PC. The Policy Manager will allow you to customize the User Mapping step of the PCmover Client, giving you greater flexibility in defining how your user accounts get transferred.
Tutorial: This tutorial is designed to show you how to customize the User Mapping selection list.
- Open the PCmover Enterprise Policy Manager and navigate to the policy file you wish to modify (default policy file is MasterPoilcy.pol).
- Select the “User Map” tab.
- Review the seven filter options available:
- Allow User Creation: Yes or No
- Transfer Current User Only: Yes or No
- Transfer User Profiles Only: Yes or No (If set to yes, PCmover will exclude all applications and data from transferring)
- Current User to Current User: Yes or No
- Only Users with Profiles: Yes or No
- Transfer Only Regular Users: Yes or No
- Logon Days: 0 to 999 (Will transfer users based on last login date)
- Once you’ve set your default User Map filter options, you can customize specific User Map scenarios by clicking the “Add” button.
- Choose the Source to Target User and select whether the specified user should migrate or can be modified.
- Go to File -> Save to update your policy file.
* Setting Interactive to “No” will hide this step from the user.
PCmover Enterprise Client Tutorials
- General PCmover Enterprise Client Overview (2:26)
- Run PCmover Enterprise Client from Network or External Drive
- Pre-Migration Checklist
Policy Manager Tutorials
- General Policy Manager Overview (4:38)
- Saving a Master Policy File (0:50)
- Creating an Application Filter list policies (0:37)
- Creating a Directory Filter list policies (0:48)
- Predefine User Mapping policies (1:08)
- Configuring a policy for a File Based migration (1:22)
- Hiding the User Interface, Messages and other elements (0:57)
- Setting up email notifications and messages (1:02)
- Enabling auto-generated reports (1:27)