PCmover Enterprise Tutorial: Generate Reports with Policy Manager
Overview: Many times an audit trail is required in organizations that need to record and track the information transferred between PCs. The PCmover Policy Manager allows administrators the ability to create several types of reports whenever a migration and save them automatically to a predetermined location on the network.
Tutorial: This tutorial is designed to show an administrator how to configure a policy file that will automatically save four types of reports (Summary Report and Detailed Reports for Applications, Disk Items and Registry Items).
- Open the PCmover Enterprise Policy Manager and navigate to the policy file you wish to modify (default policy file is MasterPoilcy.pol).
- Select the “Reports” tab
- Set Interactive to Yes or No depending on if you want this step displayed in the PCmover Wizard
- Identify the Reports Directory – choose a relative or absolute path for where you want each report saved
- Choose “CSV” for the type of file format you want the report saved under
- Select “Add Summary” and define the file name (i.e. – “Summary for %USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%.csv”
- Select “Add Detail”, then define the report type and file name (i.e. - Applications for %USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%.csv)
- Repeat steps 1 thru 7 for building other report types
- Use Environment Variables to help identify which file applies to each specific migration.
- Go to File -> Save to update your policy file.
PCmover Enterprise Client Tutorials
- General PCmover Enterprise Client Overview (2:26)
- Run PCmover Enterprise Client from Network or External Drive
- Pre-Migration Checklist
Policy Manager Tutorials
- General Policy Manager Overview (4:38)
- Saving a Master Policy File (0:50)
- Creating an Application Filter list policies (0:37)
- Creating a Directory Filter list policies (0:48)
- Predefine User Mapping policies (1:08)
- Configuring a policy for a File Based migration (1:22)
- Hiding the User Interface, Messages and other elements (0:57)
- Setting up email notifications and messages (1:02)
- Enabling auto-generated reports (1:27)