PCmover Enterprise Tutorial: Notification Alerts with Policy Manager
Overview: Sometimes when a desktop support team is running several PCmover migrations simultaneously, it is helpful to receive an alert notification for when a migration has finished. This helps save time because the user is no longer required to continually check in on a migration or monitor its progress, as they can simply wait for the email notification.
Tutorial: This tutorial is designed to provide an overview on how to setup automatic alert notifications for events related to the PCmover wizard process.
- Open the PCmover Enterprise Policy Manager and navigate to the policy file you wish to modify (default policy file is MasterPoilcy.pol).
- Select the “Alerts” tab
- Fill out the fields titled Name, Email and Message.
- Environment Variables can be used in the “Message” field to help identify which migration applies to which email alert.
- Select the “Add” button
- Set Interactive – Yes to show the step, No to hide
- Select Type to “Done”
- Choose the Name, Email and Message as with the header fields
- Go to File -> Save to update your policy file.
PCmover Enterprise Client Tutorials
- General PCmover Enterprise Client Overview (2:26)
- Run PCmover Enterprise Client from Network or External Drive
- Pre-Migration Checklist
Policy Manager Tutorials
- General Policy Manager Overview (4:38)
- Saving a Master Policy File (0:50)
- Creating an Application Filter list policies (0:37)
- Creating a Directory Filter list policies (0:48)
- Predefine User Mapping policies (1:08)
- Configuring a policy for a File Based migration (1:22)
- Hiding the User Interface, Messages and other elements (0:57)
- Setting up email notifications and messages (1:02)
- Enabling auto-generated reports (1:27)