PCmover Enterprise Tutorial: Miscellaneous Settings
Overview: Sometimes desktop support personnel who frequently use PCmover will want to automate the PCmover Client as much as possible, keeping the number of clicks and interactions to a minimum. Policy Manager gives administrators the ability to hide these non-essential screens during the PCmover migration process.
Tutorial: This tutorial was designed to show administrators how to hide different parts of the PCmover client wizard interface.
- Open the PCmover Enterprise Policy Manager and navigate to the policy file you wish to modify (default policy file is MasterPoilcy.pol).
- Select the “Miscellaneous Settings” tab
- Deselect the User Interface elements you wish to hide
- Display UI – Specifies whether the user interface should be displayed at all. If it is not, all settings must be specified in the policy file.
- Display Warning Page – Specified whether the warning screen that requires the user to check a box is displayed.
- Display Info Pages – Specified whether intermediate information pages of the PCmover Wizard are displayed.
- Display Ready Pages – Specifies whether “Ready to Start” is displayed requiring the user to click “Next” on the progress screens.
- Allow Stop – Controls whether the progress screens allow the user to click the “Stop” button to end the migration process.
- Go to File -> Save to update your policy file.
PCmover Enterprise Client Tutorials
- General PCmover Enterprise Client Overview (2:26)
- Run PCmover Enterprise Client from Network or External Drive
- Pre-Migration Checklist
Policy Manager Tutorials
- General Policy Manager Overview (4:38)
- Saving a Master Policy File (0:50)
- Creating an Application Filter list policies (0:37)
- Creating a Directory Filter list policies (0:48)
- Predefine User Mapping policies (1:08)
- Configuring a policy for a File Based migration (1:22)
- Hiding the User Interface, Messages and other elements (0:57)
- Setting up email notifications and messages (1:02)
- Enabling auto-generated reports (1:27)