PCmover Enterprise Policy Manager: Saving and Updating a Policy File
Overview: Many times desktop administrators will want to filter an application(s) from transferring to the target PC. As an example, you may not want to transfer any applications that are pre-installed on the base image of the new PC. This enables you to transfer the non-standard applications only.
Tutorial: This tutorial is designed to show you how to create an application filter list.
- Open the PCmover Enterprise Policy Manager and navigate to the policy file you wish to modify (default policy file is MasterPoilcy.pol).
- Select the “Application” tab and select the “Add” button.
- Choose from one of three filter options – Application ID, Application Name, or Publisher (i.e. Microsoft).
- The application name can include the “*” wildcard character.
- Application ID is specific to application versions.
- Set the Migrate drop down option to “No” to automatically deselect it from the application list
- Set the “Allow Users to Modify” to “No” so the end user or technician can not transfer it by mistake
- Go to File -> Save to update your policy file.
* Setting Interactive to “No” will hide this step from the user.
PCmover Enterprise Client Tutorials
- General PCmover Enterprise Client Overview (2:26)
- Run PCmover Enterprise Client from Network or External Drive
- Pre-Migration Checklist
Policy Manager Tutorials
- General Policy Manager Overview (4:38)
- Saving a Master Policy File (0:50)
- Creating an Application Filter list policies (0:37)
- Creating a Directory Filter list policies (0:48)
- Predefine User Mapping policies (1:08)
- Configuring a policy for a File Based migration (1:22)
- Hiding the User Interface, Messages and other elements (0:57)
- Setting up email notifications and messages (1:02)
- Enabling auto-generated reports (1:27)