PCmover Enterprise Tutorial: Run PCmover from a Network or External Drive
Overview: PCmover can run directly from a network folder location, USB stick, or removable storage device. This helps save time by avoiding the need to install the PCmover Client on each PC locally. This is also beneficial as you can maintain a centrally administered policy file (MasterPoilcy.pol) that will apply to all migrations.
Tutorial: This tutorial is designed to give you a step by step guide on how to install the PCmover Client to the network.
- Make sure your PC is attached to the external hard drive or network domain where you would like PCmover installed and follow next steps.
- Double-click on the PCmover Enterprise download (pcmovere_en.exe) file in the folder where the file was saved.
- Select “run” option if shown on the on-screen prompt.
- During installation, select “Change” when you reach “Destination Folder” selection screen
- Create new folder on network drive or external media location, and select this new folder to install the PCmover application.
- Confirm your selected destination folder and choose next to complete installation.
NOTE: The user that is performing the migration will need to have Read/Write access to the network share as PCmover will attempt to create a log for each migration.
PCmover Enterprise Client Tutorials
- General PCmover Enterprise Client Overview (2:26)
- Run PCmover Enterprise Client from Network or External Drive
- Pre-Migration Checklist
Policy Manager Tutorials
- General Policy Manager Overview (4:38)
- Saving a Master Policy File (0:50)
- Creating an Application Filter list policies (0:37)
- Creating a Directory Filter list policies (0:48)
- Predefine User Mapping policies (1:08)
- Configuring a policy for a File Based migration (1:22)
- Hiding the User Interface, Messages and other elements (0:57)
- Setting up email notifications and messages (1:02)
- Enabling auto-generated reports (1:27)